The New Jersey Division of Disability Services is pleased to offer a two-day training by the National Center for Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD) that will help lay the foundation for providing access and inclusion in your communities. This virtual training will cover disability education, identifying barriers, assessment, implementation, and more.
The two-day training, presented in two sessions of two-hours each will be conducted by Kelly Bonner, Associate Director NCHPAD, and Chris Mackey, Senior Project Coordinator NCHPAD, each of whom brings 20+ years of experience in the field working with people with disabilities across the lifespan and throughout different sectors.
Please note that Day 1 and Day 2 will cover different materials so attending both days is highly recommended. Registrants who attend both days will receive a Certificate of Completion from NCHPad so they can cite their participation for other efforts or collaborations.
- Virtual (Zoom) Two-Day Training by NCHPAD, presented in two sessions of two hours each
- Tuesday, September 28, and Thursday, September 30, 2021
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon Eastern Time each day
- Open to IHC Grantees, their partners, and the general public
- The training is free but registration for each day is required
- ASL interpretation and closed captioning will be available
Day 1 – Tuesday, September 28, 2021 – 10:00 am to Noon (Eastern time)
- Introduction – Representatives from New Jersey will provide an introduction to why this training is happening, why it’s important, and will share a vision for what it will lead to.
- Disability Education – A call to action to create communities, organizations and programs where people of all abilities feel welcomed. Learning how to address the barriers they face when it comes to their communities.
- Community Action Plan Work session – Collectively work on addressing barriers in your community.
- What is Inclusion – Defining what inclusion means to your organization and community as a whole. Using the Commit to Inclusion Guidelines to discuss barriers, partnerships, the GRAIDs and more.
Day 2 – Thursday, September 30, 2021 – 10:00 am to Noon (Eastern time)
- NCHPAD – Become familiar with the National Center for Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD) and what resources they have available.
- Assessment Needs and Resources – Looking at the data to make informed decisions. Identifying sources of public health data about people with disabilities and using assessment tools to recognize barriers.
- Evaluation – Reviewing evaluation tools and processes to implement as you address access and inclusion in your community.
- Inclusion Solutions – Inclusion solution worksheets on sustaining your focus on inclusion.
- Action Plan – The Action Plan will help you prioritize changes needed to increase accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities. It will help you organize those changes into short-term, intermediate, long-term and on-going goals and identify needed resources and personnel.
- Closing Remarks / Q&A
Both Day 1 and Day 2 programs are free but registration is required.Click here to Register
Click here to Download the Agenda
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.